IFAP IS HIRING FOR A SUMMER/FALL QUARTER WORK STUDY POSITION
The IFAP Fellow would have the opportunity to work with attorneys at NWIRP, connect with the greater legal community in the area, and gain some valuable project management experience.
The responsibilities of the Fellow will continue through the Fall 2014 quarter, and Fellows are encouraged to remain involved in IFAP on the Steering Committee even after all tasks have been completed.
Please take a look at the job description, below, and any questions can be directed to Richard Dyer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note that the deadline to apply is Friday, May 9th at 5pm.
2014 Bruce & Aphrodite Garrison IFAP Summer/Fall Fellow
Job Description: Student will work with the IFAP Steering Committee, the Faculty Supervisor, the IFAP Advisory Council, and staff at the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP) to coordinate IFAP activities and provide general administrative support to the organization. The position will correspond to Summer and Autumn Quarters 2014.
- Plans and facilitates the annual IFAP Fall CLE for pro bono attorneys
- Recruits pro bono attorneys
- Performs legal research and works with the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project staff attorneys in order to make necessary substantive updates and recommended additions to the IFAP Training Manual
- Creates and completes independent projects in communication with the Steering Committee and the Faculty Advisor (if Fellow is interested)
- Works with the Database Manager to make a plan for comprehensive transfer of data to IFAP’s new database
Schedule: Works part-time or full-time, to be determined based on circumstances of student awarded the position.
- If enrolled as a student during summer quarter (externship credits or courses), can work no more than 19 hours per week, beginning July 1st
For the general work study information: See
- However, if not enrolled as a student during summer, may work full-time hours beginning July 1st
For the full-time summer work study information: See
*Must be Work Study eligible (i.e. must be a student who plans to return for the 2014-2015 academic year and who receives financial aid – Please contact the Work Study Administration office for more information about eligibility, 206-685-1985)
Deadline for application submissions: Friday, May 9, 2014 @ 5pm
A final decision will be made by May 19, 2013.
To download application click here – SummerFellowshipApp2014